the Coolest Places in Korea
A Guide to 10 Bars in Seoul
A private house in Yeonhui-dong has been converted into COBBLER Yeonhee.
Step inside the large iron gate, past the garden to the side, and enter the building. You will find a long bar and table seating inside. They also have cozy rooms hidden in the wall, perfect for a second round of gatherings.
The garden and terrace are also available for seating. You can feel like you are visiting various spaces without having to move to other locations. It is a romantic spot for a drink outdoors on a cooler day.
- Address: 31-9, Yeonhuimat-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 19:00-03:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/61c2ee4e730be4608fa74048/daylog/634d226dbd5b02a0fd27e29b
CHARLES H. was included in the World’s 50 Best Bars for two consecutive years in 2021 and 2022.
It firmly maintains the concept of a classic speakeasy bar while pursuing a luxurious sensibility.
The bar is located on B1 at the Four Seasons Hotel Seoul, but you may have a hard time finding it because there are no direction signs. Once you pass through the secret door, you will find an exotic and colorful space.
The cocktails and the space planning are impressive, with Korean touches visible everywhere. Bartenders and staffs offer top-grade and noteworthy services.
Reservations are recommended, and the dress code is smart casual. Take it into consideration when you visit the bar.
- Address: B1, Four Seasons Hotel Seoul, 97, Saemunan-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 18:00-01:30
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/61c2d0194687904a7b3cb9c8/daylog/61c2d01b4687904a7b3cba1e
Bar Sook•Hee Myeongdong is located on the 4th floor of the Starbucks building next to Myeongdong Catholic Cathedral.
Here, the spacious interior, in contrast to the speakeasy bar-like entrance, is impressive. The interior decoration is inspired by Geunjeongjeon Hall of Gyeongbokgung Palace and it stands out even more with a glamorous showcase inside.
The greetings of talented bartenders and top-notch chefs at this bar, hoping to become a friendly neighborhood bar, will make you feel at home. It is a great place for newcomers to the bar scene, as bartenders will be happy to make recommendations when you tell them your cocktail and whiskey preferences.
There is a waiting list, so we recommend you call ahead to reserve a table before your visit.
- Address: 4F, T avenue, 7-9, Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 18:00-01:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/617778291e5cf82f6c406ff2/daylog/61c2d0834687904a7b3cbe2b
An architect’s study overlooking a substation and the Hangang River is named maha hannam.
maha hannam serves as an architecture firm, a cafe, and a whiskey bar. The bar is located on the 4th floor of a closed bathhouse that sits on the hills in the old city near Yongsan Park. Maha means “great” and “infinite.” The space features cozy interior decorations of wood and stone, sunbeds and spiraling stairs, sensual objects and art pieces, furniture, an expansive view of the Hangang River, and an unexpected view of a substation, altogether presenting a healing moment. Just as the developed neighborhood by the Hangang River blends in with the friendly neighborhood, modern beauty blends well with the patches of the past left in the cafe.
Coffee is served in moka pots creating picturesque scenes; premium desserts include tiramisu by BISTECCA, salt bread, and croissants. The whiskey bar serves liquors perfect for a dark evening, such as The Balvenie, Kavalan, and Talisker.
- Address:4F, 85, Seobinggo-ro 91na-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday 12:00-22:00 / Friday-Saturday 12:00-24:00 (Closed Mondays)
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/6401edd2c8121901f980f227/daylog/6402efafc8121901f993c2f4
VESPER, the bar, is located at the entrance of Seorae Village.
Enter the alleyway, and you will find VESPER’s illuminated signboard in contrast to the turquoise wall on the first floor.
The bar has signature cocktails and a variety of whiskeys. The bar’s many talented bartenders can customize a cocktail for you when you tell them your preferences.
They also have an extensive food menu, making it a great place to dine. The Katsu Sando, a moist pork cutlet sandwich, is one of the signature menu items here. During happy hour, you can order cocktails at a discounted price, so we recommend you make it your first stop to dine, too.
- Address:17, Sapyeong-daero 22-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: Monday-Tuesday 19:00-02:00 / Wednesday-Sunday 11:30-02:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/61c2d9b14687904a7b3d2a8d/daylog/61c2da0d4687904a7b3d2fbe
The signature cocktails of CHAM IN SEASON use seasonal ingredients and change quarterly.
Bar Cham, the parent bar, has been instrumental in spreading multilayered cocktails using traditional liquors and Korean food ingredients. This concept has been taken a step further with the experimental and maniac cocktails at CHAM IN SEASON.
In line with its concept, the bar seats about eight people; there are tables for four and a terrace, making the bar a great place to enjoy a small and private atmosphere.
- Address: 4F, 133-10, Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: Tuesday-Saturday 19:00-02:00 (Closed Sunday-Monday; subject to change)
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/635f9a936811b9db998ee779/daylog/635f9a946811b9db998ee7b3
Le Chamber is located near Apgujeongrodeo Station on the Bundang Line of the Seoul Subway.
This first-generation speakeasy bar is always packed with regular customers. The expansive and spacious indoor area that emerges after passing through the hidden entrance doesn’t feel like an underground space.
The entrance is constructed like a bookshelf, and you must touch a specific book to enter. It will remind you of the movie “Kingsman” and make you feel like you are in another world.
It is a must-visit place for bar hoppers and bar lovers.
- Address: B1, 42, Dosan-daero 55-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 19:00-03:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/62d069b178868b2e372f556f/daylog/62d069b2701ae63a3343d1d3
Euljiro’s local landmark Bar Sook•Hee has relocated to Pil-dong.
Go through the entrance standing in an alleyway with a speakeasy-like atmosphere, and the first thing you will find is the contrastingly high ceiling and overall large space. We recommend you enjoy the wide selection of cocktails with seasonal fruits, a variety of whiskey, and classic cocktails at Bar Sook•Hee’s new space.
In addition, the bar is open as a coffee shop serving brewed coffee from noon to 6 PM on Thursdays and Fridays. Take note when you visit.
- Address: 3, Toegye-ro 44-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 18:30-02:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/64896d83b19871d7ccd5b9d7/daylog/64896d84b19871d7ccd5b9ed
BAR SWALLOW is located in Hannam-dong, across Cheil Worldwide, between Hangangjin and Itaewon Stations on Seoul Subway Line 6.
Bartender Kim Jin-hwan, the 2018 World Class Bartender winner, opened this bar after working at other prestigious bars such as Hannam Coffee Bar K, Bar Musk, and Lotte Hotel’s The Drawing Room Bar.
The exterior is dark green with a small window, and the interior is quite cozy with a spacious bar area and three tables inside. Bartender Kim Jin-hwan and staff are exceptionally skilled. Tell them your preferences, and they will customize cocktails that suit your taste.
It is a great place to visit in Hannam-dong after dining in the area for a second round or a pre-dinner drink.
- Address: 38, Itaewon-ro 55ga-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 18:00-02:00
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/61c2f79b98a36d5318af3644/daylog/61c2f79d730be4608fa77b97
Bar Cham is a hanok bar located in an alley in Seochon.
Bartender Lim Byoung-jin, the 2015 World Class Bartender winner and one of the most famous bartenders today, represents Bar Cham. The bar was featured in Netflix’s “Paik’s Spirit” on the traditional liquor episode, adding to its fame.
The bar offers various signature cocktail menus based on traditional liquors. Every season, the menu is updated by renewing signature cocktails. It is impressive that they make daring touches to various new cocktails while maintaining the balance of taste. Classic cocktails are still available.
If you are not sure of new places to explore after visiting various cafes and restaurants in Seochon, we recommend visiting Bar Cham where new experiences always await.
- Address: 34, Jahamun-ro 7-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Operating hours: 18:00–01:00 (Closed Tuesdays)
- Link: https://app.daytrip.io/ko/space/61c2e157730be4608fa6d219/daylog/61c2e15a98a36d5318ae8d5b
- 13 Cafes That Boast Architectural Beauty
- 17 Spring Travel Destinations in Gyeongju You Can’t Help But Fall in Love with
- 10 Places to Satisfy Your Sophisticated Music Palate
- 11 Trendy Flagship Stores and Shops
- 13 Exhibition and Cultural Spaces to Enjoy Culture
- A Guide to 10 Bars in Seoul
- 10 Cafes to Gaze at Relaxing Ocean Views
- Best Places for a Foliage Tour
- Cute Bookstores and Curated Shops
- Artistically Inspiring Spaces